Sharing may be caring, but not everything you do or every picture you take should be posted on social media. McAfee’s 2014 Love, Relationships, and Technology study found that people are oversharing on a global-scale. Aside from sending/receiving intimate and sexual content, more than 38% of respondents admitted to sharing passwords, as well as sharing email accounts, and even bank details with their significant others.
While keeping romantic partners, friends, and family in the loop is great, being aware of what and who has access to your personal information is crucial to online safety. That epic night out drinking with pals may be better off saved in your memories than forever immortalized on your Facebook wall. The Internet is forever, and what feels like a seemingly harmless post now could result in some serious bad buzz down the line.
In the spirit of protecting your online and offline reputation, McAfee will be running a Post It or Delete It contest on Facebook from Monday, February 10th through Friday, February 21st. Two lucky winners will receive a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet with 16GB memory and a 1-year subscription to McAfee LiveSafe™ service. Watch for the contest posts on the McAfee Facebook page throughout the week and always think twice before sharing online and via mobile devices.
Follow the directions below for a chance to win big!
Terms and Conditions
1. How to enter: No purchase necessary. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. The McAfee Love, Relationships and Technology Post It or Delete It Contest (the “Contest”) will have two (2) drawing periods during which time all entries must be received. Pacific Time shall control for all purposes of this Contest. Two (2) winners will be chosen, one (1) for each drawing period. Drawing periods are as follows:
- Drawing 1: Monday, February 10th 8:00 AM PT through Friday, February 14th 6:00 PM PT
- Drawing 2: Monday, February 17th 8:00 AM PT through Friday, February 21st 6:00 PM PT
During each Drawing period, go to the McAfee page on Facebook and do the following steps.
- Find the Post It or Delete It contest posts on the McAfee Facebook page, which will include the hashtag: #SextRegret.
- Answer either “Post it” or “Delete it” – or some variation thereof – with the #SextRegret hashtag in the comments section of the contest post to be entered in to win.
Look for the Post It or Delete It posts on Facebook starting Monday, February 10th at 8am PT. Inappropriate entries, unrelated entries or entries that do not contain the #SextRegret hashtag will not be considered.
There will be a total of four (4) Post It or Delete It contest posts during each drawing period on the McAfee Facebook page featuring the #SextRegret hashtag starting on Monday, February 10th at 8am PT. Each entry must include the #SextRegret hashtag to be eligible to win, and winners will be chosen from applicable entries in the comments section of each Post It or Delete It contest post. No other method of entry will be accepted besides Facebook. Entries from one Drawing are not carried over to a later Drawing (you must enter each Drawing separately).
Only one eligible entry per person, per contest post, per Drawing.
2. Eligibility: The contest is open globally to those who are 18 years of age or older on the date the contest begins and live in a jurisdiction where this prize contest and drawing are not prohibited. Employees of McAfee and its subsidiaries, affiliates, prize suppliers, and advertising and promotional agencies, their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses), and individuals living in the same household as such employees are ineligible. A winner of one Drawing is eligible to enter in the subsequent Drawings.
3. Winner Selection: One (1) winner for each Drawing will be selected from the eligible entries received during a Drawing’s entry period. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Contest Rules and the decisions of the coordinators, which shall be final and binding in all respects.
Winner Notification: Each drawing winner will be notified via direct message on Facebook.com at the end of each drawing period. Prize winners will be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (where permitted by law) to be returned within ten (10) days of written notification, or prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. If a prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to a potential winner, if potential winner cannot be reached within four (4) calendar days from the first notification attempt, or if potential winner fails to return requisite document within the specified time period, or if a potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, then such person shall be disqualified and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, an alternate winner may be selected for the prize at issue based on the winner selection process described above.
4. Prizes: The prize for each Drawing is a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet with 16GB Memory and 1-year subscription to McAfee LiveSafe™ service, (Approximate retail value “ARV” of each prize is $580).
Entrants agree that McAfee has the sole right to determine the winners of the drawing and all matters or disputes arising from the drawing and that its determination is final and binding. There are no prize substitutions, transfers or cash equivalents permitted except at the sole discretion of McAfee.
Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. Sponsor is not responsible for delays in prize delivery beyond its control. All other expenses and items not specifically mentioned in these Official Rules are not included and are the prize winners’ sole responsibility. ARV of the prize may be subject to market fluctuation. In the event the stated ARV of a prize is more than the actual retail value of the prize at the time of award, the difference will not be awarded in cash or otherwise.
5. General conditions: Entrants agree that by entering they agree to be bound by these rules. All federal, state, and local taxes, fees, and surcharges on prize packages are the sole responsibility of the prizewinner.
Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest, or by any technical or human error, which may occur in the processing of the Contest entries. By entering, participants release and hold harmless McAfee and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, attorneys, agents, and representatives from any and all liability for any injuries, loss, claim, action, demand, or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the contest, any prize won, any misuse or malfunction of any prize awarded, participation in any contest-related activity, or participation in the contest.
Prize Forfeiture: Each prize will be awarded. If winner cannot be notified, does not respond to notification, does not meet eligibility requirements, or otherwise does not comply with these prize drawing rules, then the winner will forfeit the prize and an alternate winner will be selected from remaining eligible entry forms for each Drawing.
Dispute Resolution: Entrants agree that McAfee has the sole right to determine the winners of the drawing and all matters or disputes arising from the drawing and that its determination is final and binding. There are no prize substitutions, transfers or cash equivalents permitted except at the sole discretion of McAfee.
Governing Law: Each Prize Drawing and these rules will be construed in accordance with the laws, jurisdiction, and venue of New York.