Searching for celebrities online isn’t all glitz and glam, according to our 7th annual Most Dangerous Celebrities™ study, released earlier this week. McAfee researched which Tinseltown residents spell digital disaster when searched online. This year’s results may surprise you!
Cyber criminals like to take advantage of the buzz surrounding movies, award shows, and—you guessed it—celebrities, using commonly searched names to lure victims toward malicious websites. This year, women dominated the Top 10 rankings, with Lily Collins, Avril Lavigne, and Sandra Bullock leading the pack. Only one man was included in this year’s Top 10—you may know him as Mad Men’s Don Draper, but it’s his real name, “Jon Hamm” that puts you at risk when searching.
Despite being dangerous to search online, these celebrities remain a pleasure to look at. Join McAfee in a Pin It To Win It contest featuring the beautiful faces of this year’s Top 10 Most Dangerous Celebrities. Follow the directions below to participate, and get informed about safe searching online!
HOW TO ENTER
- Fill out the entry form below.
- Head over to Pinterest and Re-pin our “2013 Most Dangerous Celebrities” infographic OR pin an image of your favorite most dangerous celebrity.
- Tag ALL pins with the hashtag #RiskyCeleb.
- Sit tight for winners to be announced on October 10, 2013
Grand Prize: 1 winner will receive a Dell® XPS 12 Convertible Ultrabook™ and a 1-year subscription to McAfee LiveSafe™
1st Place: 1 winner will receive a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 16G tablet and a 1-year subscription to McAfee LiveSafe
2nd Places: 5 winners will receive a 1-year subscription to McAfee LiveSafe
McAfee’s Most Dangerous Celebrities Pin It To Win It Contest Terms and Conditions
1. HOW TO ENTER: No purchase necessary. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. The “McAfee Most Dangerous Celebrities” Pin It To Win It Contest (the “Contest”) begins at 8:00AM PT (“Pacific Time”) on September 23rd, 2013 and ends at 5:00PM PT on October 6th, 2013 (“Contest Period”), during which time all entries must be received. Pacific Time shall control for all purposes of this Contest. Seven (7) winners will be chosen from the contest period.
During the Contest Period, visit the McAfee page on Pinterest and do the following steps:
1. Re-pin the 2013 Most Dangerous Celebrities graphic, OR
Pin an image of choice featuring one of the 2013 McAfee Most Dangerous Celebrities.
All pins must include the hashtag #RiskyCeleb in the description to be considered.
2. Fill out the entry form included in this blog
PER PINTEREST, PINNED IMAGES MUST NOT:
- Contain material which is (or promote activities which are) in Sponsor’s sole discretion, hateful, slanderous, libelous, tortious, sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, inappropriate, violent, self-mutilating (e.g., relating to murder, the sales of weapons, cruelty, abuse, etc.), discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, natural origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), illegal (e.g., underage drinking, substance abuse, computer hacking, etc.), offensive, threatening, profane, or harassing; or contain material that is threatening to any person, place, business, group or world peace; or contain words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group; or contain images, words or text portraying nudity, acts of violence, or acts that are or appear to be unlawful or dangerous or in violation of, or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where the entry is created in their application.
- Contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to material that violates privacy, publicity, or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement. Without limiting the foregoing, submissions must not include third party trademarks, logos, insignia, location signage, photographs, artwork, or sculptures, except those of Sponsor.
- Include third parties, including but not limited to minors, celebrities and friends, who have not expressly authorized entrant to display their image or likeness on Pinterest or otherwise use such images or likenesses in accordance with these Official Rules.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The contest is open globally to those who are 18 years of age or older on the date the contest begins. Employees of McAfee and its subsidiaries, affiliates, prize suppliers, and advertising and promotional agencies, their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses), and individuals living in the same household as such employees are ineligible.
The contest is governed by the laws of the United States and is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void wherever prohibited by law with no exceptions.
LIMIT: One (1) entry per person, regardless of the number of contest pins or Pinterest accounts. Entries must be submitted by the entrant. Once submitted, entries cannot be deleted, canceled or modified.
All entries must be received during the Contest Period, as defined above. Incomplete entries, or those containing incorrect information, will be voided. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any person that submits more than the maximum allowed entries. Normal Internet access, phone, and usage charges imposed by your online or phone service may apply. The person submitting the Contest entry must be the authorized account holder of the Pinterest account associated with the entry, otherwise, the entry may be deemed void. In the event of a dispute over the identity of a potential winner, the entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the Pinterest account, and potential winner may be required to provide identification sufficient to show that he/she is the authorized account holder of such email address. It is the sole responsibility of the entrant to notify the Sponsor in writing if the entrant changes his or her e-mail address during the Sweepstakes.
3. WINNER SELECTION: Each eligible entry (pin) will be reviewed by Sponsor in its sole discretion. On or about October 8th, 2013 the Sponsor will select one (1) Grand Prize Winner, one (1) First Place Winner and five (5) Second Place Winners from among all eligible entries received.
WINNER NOTIFICATION: October 10th, 2013 All potential winners will be notified by email at Sponsor’s discretion, using the information provided on potential winner’s entry form. Grand Prize Winners (or such winner’s parent/legal guardian if under the age of majority in winner’s legal state of residence) will be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (where permitted by law) to be returned within fourteen (14) days of written notification, or prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. If a prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to a potential winner, if potential winner cannot be reached within three (3) calendar days from the first notification attempt, or if potential winner fails to return requisite document within the specified time period, or if a potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, then such person shall be disqualified and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, an alternate winner may be selected for the prize at issue based on the winner selection process described above.
4. PRIZES: Seven (7) Prizes are available to be won. The Grand Prize is a Dell® XPS 12 Convertible Ultrabook™ and a 1-year subscription to McAfee LiveSafe™ service (Approximate retail value “ARV” of Grand Prize package is $1,280). First Place prize is a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 16G tablet and a 1-year subscription to McAfee LiveSafe service (ARV of First Place prize is $580). There are Five (5) Second Place prizes of a 1-year subscription to McAfee LiveSafe service (the ARV of each Second Place prize is $80).
Entrants agree that McAfee has the sole right to determine the winners of the drawing and all matters or disputes arising from the drawing and that its determination is final and binding. There are no prize substitutions, transfers or cash equivalents permitted except at the sole discretion of McAfee.
Each Contest entrant is eligible to win one (1) prize in the Contest. Each prize winner must complete all documentation required by Sponsor to be eligible to receive the prize.
Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. Sponsor is not responsible for delays in prize delivery beyond its control. All other expenses and items not specifically mentioned in these Official Rules are not included and are the prize winners’ sole responsibility. ARV of the prize may be subject to market fluctuation. In the event the stated ARV of a prize is more than the actual retail value of the prize at the time of award, the difference will not be awarded in cash or otherwise.
5. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Entrants agree that by entering they agree to be bound by these rules. All federal, state, and local taxes, fees, and surcharges on prize packages are the sole responsibility of the prizewinner.
Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest, or by any technical or human error, which may occur in the processing of the Contest entries. By entering, participants release and hold harmless McAfee and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, attorneys, agents, and representatives from any and all liability for any injuries, loss, claim, action, demand, or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the contest, any prize won, any misuse or malfunction of any prize awarded, participation in any contest-related activity, or participation in the contest.
Prize Forfeiture: Each prize will be awarded. If winner cannot be notified, does not respond to notification, does not meet eligibility requirements, or otherwise does not comply with these prize drawing rules, then the winner will forfeit the prize and an alternate winner will be selected from remaining eligible entry forms for each Drawing.
Dispute Resolution: Entrants agree that McAfee has the sole right to determine the winners of the drawing and all matters or disputes arising from the drawing and that its determination is final and binding. There are no prize substitutions, transfers or cash equivalents permitted except at the sole discretion of McAfee.
Governing Law: Each Prize Drawing and these rules will be construed in accordance with the laws, jurisdiction, and venue of New York.