“Hey hey, you you!” Did you hear that we released our 2017 Most Dangerous Celebrities List? This year marks the release of our 11th annual roundup of the Most Dangerous Celebrities—that is, the stars that are most likely to land you viruses when searched for online.
Can you guess who took this year’s number one spot? Singer-songwriter Avril Lavigne! Our annual study showed that 14.51% of searches for this starlet’s name led everyday users to malicious websites. So much for her “Happy Ending!”
This year’s list also included former boy band member Zayn Malik, tabloid favorite DJ Calvin Harris and the flawless Beyonce Knowles.
Now, we know it must be upsetting to hear that some of your favorite celebrities aren’t so glamorous, so we’re treating you to a #RT2Win sweepstakes on the @McAfee_Home Twitter handle. One lucky winner of the sweepstakes drawing will receive a $250 Amazon gift card. Don’t worry, we’re not going “to go and make things so complicated.” Follow these simple instructions to enter the sweepstakes. Good luck!
#RiskyCeleb #RT2Win Sweepstakes Official Rules
- To enter, go to https://twitter.com/McAfee_Home, and find the #RT2Win sweepstakes tweet.
- The sweepstakes tweet will be released on Friday, September 22nd. This tweet will include the hashtags: #RT2Win and #RiskyCeleb.
- Retweet the sweepstakes tweet released on the above date, from your own handle. The #RT2Win AND #RiskyCeleb hashtags must be included to be entered.
- We will announce the winner on Friday, September 29, 2017 via Twitter.
Terms and Conditions
- How to enter (Official Rules): No purchase necessary. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. The “McAfee Most Dangerous Celebrity study published by McAfee ” Retweet to Win Drawing (the “Sweepstakes”) will have 1 drawing period, during which all entries must be received. Pacific Time shall control for all purposes of this Sweepstakes. One (1) winner will be chosen. The Entry period is as follows:
- Entry: 8:00 AM (PST) Friday, September 22nd, through 5:00 PM (PST) Friday, September 29th.
To Enter: During the Entry period, go to the @McAfee_Home Twitter page and go through the following steps:
- Find the sweepstakes tweet, published on Friday, September 22nd, which will include the hashtags: #RT2Win and #RiskyCeleb.
- Retweet the sweepstakes tweet and make sure it includes both the #RT2Win and #RiskyCeleb hashtags.
- Note: Tweets that do not contain both #RiskyCeleb and #RT2Win hashtags will not be considered for entry.
- Limit one entry per person
An eligible winner will be announced the final Friday of the drawing period (Friday, September 29th) by 5pm PST on the @McAfee_Home feed, featuring the #RT2Win and #RiskyCeleb hashtags. Each retweet must include the #RT2Win and #RiskyCeleb hashtags to be eligible to win. No other method of entry will be accepted besides Twitter. Only one eligible retweet per person. SWEEPSTAKES IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED, ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH TWITTER, INC.
- Eligibility: The sweepstakes is open in the US to those who are 18 years of age or older on the date the sweepstakes begins. Employees of McAfee (Sponsor) and its subsidiaries, affiliates, prize suppliers, and advertising and promotional agencies, their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses), and individuals living in the same household as such employees are ineligible.
- Winner Selection: The winner of the Drawing will be selected at random from all eligible retweets received during the Drawing’s entry period. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Sweepstakes Rules and the decisions of the coordinators, which shall be final and binding in all respects. The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible retweets received.
Winner Notification: The winner will be notified via direct message on Twitter at the end of the entry period. The prize winner will be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (where permitted by law) to be returned within fourteen (14) days of written notification, or prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. If a prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to a potential winner, if potential winner cannot be reached within four (4) calendar days from the first notification attempt, or if potential winner fails to return requisite document within the specified time period, or if a potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, then such person shall be disqualified and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, an alternate winner may be selected for the prize at issue based on the winner selection process described above.
- Prizes: The prize for the Sweepstakes is one $250 gift card to Amazon.com. Total ARV $250. Entrants agree that McAfee has the sole right to determine the winner of the Sweepstakes and all matters or disputes arising from the Sweepstakes and that its determination is final and binding. There are no prize substitutions, transfers or cash equivalents permitted except at the sole discretion of McAfee.
Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. Sponsor is not responsible for delays in prize delivery beyond its control. All other expenses and items not specifically mentioned in these Official Rules are not included and are the winner’s sole responsibility…
- General conditions: Entrants agree that by entering they agree to be bound by these Official Sweepstakes Rules. All federal, state, and local taxes, fees, and surcharges on prize packages are the sole responsibility of the winner.
Sponsor, Twitter, Inc, and any of their respective companies, is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Drawing, or by any technical or human error, which may occur in the processing of the Drawing entries. By entering, participants release and hold harmless McAfee and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, attorneys, agents, and representatives from any and all liability for any injuries, loss, claim, action, demand, or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the sweepstakes, any prize won, any misuse or malfunction of any prize awarded, participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity, or participation in the Sweepstakes.
Prize Forfeiture: The prize will be awarded. If the winner cannot be notified, does not respond to a notification, does not meet eligibility requirements, or otherwise does not comply with these Drawing rules, then the winner will forfeit the prize and an alternate winner will be selected from remaining eligible entries for the Drawing.
Limitations of Liability: By entering the Sweepstakes, you release Sponsor and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE SPONSOR OR THE RELEASED PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF PROFITS OR LOSS OF DATA, WHETHER IN AN ACTION IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING, NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED TO YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR USE OR INABILITY TO USE ANY EQUIPMENT PROVIDED FOR USE IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF A RELEASED PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES (JOINTLY) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE ANY EQUIPMENT PROVIDED FOR USE IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE EXCEED $10. THE LIMITATIONS SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION WILL NOT EXCLUDE OR LIMIT LIABILITY FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE CAUSED BY PRODUCTS RENTED FROM THE SPONSOR, OR FOR THE RELEASED PARTIES’ GROSS NEGLIGENCE, INTENTIONAL MISCONDUCT, OR FOR FRAUD.
Dispute Resolution: Entrants agree that McAfee has the sole right to determine the winner of the drawing and all matters or disputes arising from the drawing and that its determination is final and binding. There are no prize substitutions, transfers or cash equivalents permitted except at the sole discretion of McAfee.
Governing Law: The Drawing and these rules will be construed in accordance with local laws and jurisdictions (New York).
Privacy: Personal information obtained in connection with this prize drawing will be handled in accordance policy set forth in the McAfee Privacy Notice.
Sponsor: McAfee, LLC, 2821 Mission College Blvd. Santa Clara, CA 95054