Cloud computing is a growing trend for organizations of all sizes, and many enterprises are adopting it — but what does this shift to the cloud mean for their security? While the appeal of cloud options is obvious in terms of efficiency and scalability, security issues have triggered some (much deserved) hesitancy among information security professionals. The challenges of securing cloud platforms may seem daunting, but with the right tools and resources, crises can easily be averted.
During our September #SecChat, we will address a variety of cloud and server security topics including the growing enterprise attack surface, data center security optimization and traditional versus private and cloud environments. We hope to continue some of the conversations started at last month’s VMworld conference — specifically regarding the evolution of the cloud security landscape. Joining in this chat will be McAfee Group Product Marketing Manager Loretta Nierat and Senior Product Manager Ben Andrews, as well as VMware Information Security Architect Jeremiah Cornelius. This expert panel will provide valuable insights during our #SecChat and will help shed light on solutions to common issues, such as our new Endpoint Server Security Suites. McAfee #SecChats are held in an open forum and we seek to foster conversation with participants on pressing issues facing the information security community. Participants will have the opportunity to ask questions and contribute their own insights on the topic of cloud and server security. Come September 25th, here are the steps you’ll need to take to join in:
- Sign into your Twitter account at www.twitter.com
- Search for the #SecChat hashtag to watch the real-time stream.
- Follow @McAfeeBusiness, as we will be posting questions to participants to kick off the conversation.
- Feel free to tweet your reactions, questions, and responses to chat topics by tagging all your tweets with the #SecChat hashtag.
- If you have any questions prior to the chat, please tweet them to @McAfeeBusiness.
Mark your calendars for 11am PT on September 25th and RSVP to our Twtvite here. See you there!