In this year’s Radicati APT Protection—Market Quadrant, McAfee Advanced Threat Defense attained a position in the Top Players quadrant for the third year running.
The Radicati report assesses advanced persistent threat (APT) solutions from major security vendors and places them in its quadrant based on the depth and breadth of product functionality and strategic vision. Top Players are typically market leaders that shape the industry through their technology innovations and understanding of market forces.
In the APT area, vendors are evaluated on multiple parameters. Some of these are: deployment options, malware detection methods, firewall and URL filtering for attack behavior analysis, web and email security, analysis of zero-day and advanced threats, sandboxing and quarantining, data loss prevention, administration, real-time updates, remediation, environment threat analysis, and more.
McAfee Advanced Threat Defense landed its position in the Radicati quadrant because of its ability to detect complex, sophisticated threats and to connect with other security components and turn threat information into action and protection.
Here are the key areas of strength emphasized by Radicati:
- Deployment flexibility—appliances, virtual appliances, and cloud form factors—with CapEx and OpEx purchase options.
- The powerful, layered detection approach combines in-depth static code and dynamic analysis. Proprietary static code analysis does a thorough job unpacking and unencrypting samples to expose executables in order to examine anomalies. Dynamic analysis uses sandboxing to look at malware behavior.
- Reporting and outputs, including the ability to share indicators of compromise (IoCs) for targeted investigations.
- The overall breadth of protection provided by the McAfee product portfolio—from endpoints to desktops to servers.
- Additional detection engines, such as signatures, reputation, and real-time emulation, that accelerate analysis.
- The centralized analysis device acts as a shared resource among multiple McAfee devices.
- Tight integration with all McAfee solutions and third-party partner products, whether directly or through the McAfee Data Exchange Layer communications fabric. This enables real-time information sharing across the entire security ecosystem when attacks and malware are detected.
- Application of DLP technology is applied in-line to traffic by way of integration with McAfee Web Gateway.
Download your copy of the Radicati APT Protection—Market Quadrant 2017.
For information on how McAfee Advanced Threat Defense can detect and protect your enterprise from stealthy malware and zero-day threats, visit our website.