IDF 2011 kicked off today in San Francisco, and we wanted to highlight what’s happened so far, the joint Intel and McAfee sessions, and others events we’ll be covering over the next couple days.
There are three key McAfee areas on the IDF event floor, our main Gold Sponsorship booth #400, the vPro Business Client Community booth #330 and our Embedded Zone at booth #5.
Here’s a quick rundown of what you can expect at each of the McAfee stations:
McAfee Booth #400
Visit 4 demo stations for Intel and McAfee collaboration, Consumer & Mobile, Enterprise, and the Security Innovation Alliance:
- McAfee Security Connected – learn how to reduce risk, achieve operational efficiencies, and stay compliant—while protecting your data, endpoints, network, and cloud services from current and emerging threats.
- McAfee and Intel: Security Beyond the Operating System – learn how McAfee and Intel are working together to integrate silicon and security software to protect users and data – whether they are using their PCs, embedded machines, or cloud-based applications
- McAfee and Intel Safeguard Consumers – See and hear about how Intel’s next-generation chips will protect consumers against today’s threats and get a sneak peek at advanced McAfee technology designed to safeguard consumer devices
- McAfee Security Innovation Alliance – learn how ISVs integrating McAfee ePO software can leverage key features of Intel and McAfee technology and extend their endpoint control, efficiency and security
The Safe Never Sleeps chopper is making an appearance – which many of you may remember from Black Hat.
Business Client Community Booth #330
Our Business Client Community booth will showcase demo pods showcasing the capabilities of ePO with Intel vPro AMT, EEPC with AES-NI, & EMM with vPro.
- Accelerated Encryption Demo – See how much faster McAfee Endpoint Encryption operates when the Intel® AES-NI is detected on the PC. By utilizing Intel vProTM AES-NI instruction sets, the encryption speed is nearly doubled as compared to the software AES implementations.
- Mobility Provision Demo – As more and more workers use mobility products (tablets, etc.) it is important to allow these devices to safely connect to enterprise resources. This demo will show case how McAfee Enterprise Mobility Management software can be provisioned by using an Intel vProTM PC as an wireless access point.
- Remote Security Management via Intel Active Management Technology – This demo is designed to showcase a new product from McAfee that utilizes the Intel® Active Management Technology (Intel® AMT) feature built into vPro. This demo has several use cases showing how McAfee ePO can access a PC that is powered off or disabled, including wake and patch, remote call for help, IDE/serial over LAN and more.
Embedded Zone Booth #5
The Embedded Zone will explore how to provide a more secure medical platform by combining virtualization, McAfee solutions and Intel technology to meet the challenges of typical architecture approaches for medical devices. This includes support embedded device POCs with McAfee Embedded Control in Intel ECG Booth.
McAfee’s joint anti-theft security with Intel is also featured at the Ultrabook Concourse.
In addition to our presence on the event floor, we’re live tweeting from key security sessions at @IntelSec_Biz. Here’s what we’ve covered so far…
GSPS002 – McAfee and Intel – Security Beyond the Operating System demonstrated the use of DeepSAFE and a mobile device hack.
SPCS004 – CISO Panel: The Rapidly Changing Security Landscape
SPCQ001 – Hot Topic Q&A: Intel IT and Security with McAfee’s Malcom Harkins
Search the session hashtags (#GSPS002, #SPCS004, #SPCQ001) for our live tweets.
Here’s what we’ll cover Wednesday and Thursday…
SECP001 – Endpoint Security: Forged in Silicon Panel with McAfee’s Dave Marcus, Director of Security Research – 1:05pm in Room 2008
EMBS004 – Digital Signage – A Peek into What the Future Holds – 3:20pm
SECQ001 – Hot Topic Q&A: The Security Journey: Ensuring You are Getting Ahead Track – 4:25pm
HITS003 – Embedded Session: Making Healthcare Secure with Solutions from Intel, McAfee & Wind River – 11:20am in Room 2009
Information on IDF Technical Sessions, the Technical Session Tracks, and the Session Catalog are available online.
There have already been some exciting developments at the show, including our just-announced DeepSAFE technology. McAfee and Intel’s DeepSAFE the first hardware-assisted security to eliminate sub-operating system threats. We’ll be updating our readers with more IDF announcements as they come.
Finally, make sure to tune in Wednesday and Thursday on Twitter for some IDF giveaways. We’ll use the hashtag #MFETrivia to tweet some McAfee and Intel security trivia – prove yourself, test your knowledge and you could end up going home with some great prizes!