Intel Developer Forum is finally here, and with all the events taking place, we wanted to help our readers with a guide on what to expect from McAfee at the show. Our on-site team will provide live coverage from IDF 2012, so be sure to follow us on Twitter and look for updates here in the blog next week.
Activities on the Expo Floor
Stop by the McAfee pods to watch a demo and learn about our latest, cutting-edge security technologies with Intel.
Our booth staff is giving away USB drives and McAfee grab bags exclusively on social media, so follow McAfee on Twitter during the IDF Expo for your chance to win.
Demo Stations at SSG Booths #926-930
#930: Real-time Stealth Attack Prevention
- See how McAfee Deep Defender, the world’s only hardware- enhanced security solution, utilizes Intel VT-x to expose and stop stealth attacks in real time.
#929: Security Management Beyond the Operating System
- In this demo, you’ll see how McAfee ePO Deep Command is used to remotely remediate a PC in case of an attack, how to use AMT for out-of-band remote encryption management and how to identify and provision AMT PCs from ePO.
#928: McAfee and Intel Protecting Ultrabook Systems
- See how the latest Intel-based Ultrabook PCs are secured by using Intel Anti-Theft technology and the award-winning McAfee All Access security solution.
#927: Building a Foundation of Security from Client to Cloud
- This demo will exhibit the technologies from Intel (Intel TXT, VT), McAfee (MOVE, Deep Defender, ePO) and Trapizoid that enable and provide security from client to cloud.
#926: Cyber Security for Medical Devices
- As more and more medical devices become connected to hospital networks and the Internet, the threat of a crippling cyberattack grows more likely. Protecting the devices, the networks they are attached to, and the data they carry requires a unique level of security, which we’ll showcase in this demo presentation.
Retail Embedded Systems at the Intelligent Systems Community
#220: Maintaining Security in Retail Embedded Systems
- In the retail business, security issues such as regulatory penalties, data theft and breeches, and unscheduled downtime can impact customer confidence and the bottom line. In this demo, our team will demonstrate how these devices can be easily compromised—and how McAfee Embedded Security provides an end-to-end solution that both protects sensitive information and manages compliance.
McAfee Poster Chat Schedule
9/11, IDF Day 1:
SECC00 – Station 9: Building a Foundation of Security in Your Next Generation Data Center (11:45am-12:45pm and 3pm-5pm)
SECC002 – Station 10: Revolutionize Embedded Security with McAfee Technology (11:45am-12:45pm and 3pm-5pm)
9/12, IDF Day 2:
SECC003 – Station 11: Harnessing the Power of Intel vPro Technology Security Features – McAfee ePO Deep Command (11:45-12:45pm and 3-5pm)
9/13, IDF Day 3:
SECC004 – Station 9: McAfee DeepSAFE/Deep Defender – Security Beyond the OS (11:15am-1:15pm)
Other activities to look out for…
- McAfee SMB demos at booth #622
- Presentation on Fort Benning and protecting critical infrastructure at Demo Station #3 (Intelligent Systems Zone).
Live-Tweeting IDF Sessions
If you’re unable to attend IDF this year, @McAfee and @IntelSec_Biz will be live-tweeting highlights from the sessions below. All tweets will be tagged with #IDF2012 – just follow the hashtag to catch all the updates and contribute your own during the show.
What are looking forward to at IDF 2012? Let us know by tweeting at us or leaving your comments here in the blog.
We look forward to seeing you in San Francisco next week!