Cloud Workload Discovery, first announced in July 2016, covered Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure. Cloud Workload Discovery for hybrid cloud, available on December 19, 2016, extends coverage to VMware and OpenStack private clouds.
As the hybrid data center expands, tracking down the blind spots keeps getting harder. Organizations struggle to assess their end-to-end security posture for workloads and platforms, monitor and protect workloads across all clouds and maintain regulatory compliance.
Cloud Workload Discovery for hybrid clouds provides end-to-end visibility into all workloads and their underlying platforms to make borderless cloud security a reality. With deep visibility, assessment and remediation for compute, storage, and network as shown in the diagram below, organizations are able to assess end-to-end security posture (workloads and platforms), monitor and protect workloads across all private and public clouds and maintain regulatory compliance.
How Cloud Workload Discovery Works
Cloud Workload Discovery for hvbrid cloud provides three main capabilities:
- Discovery of weak security controls for VMware, OpenStack, AWS and Microsoft Azure
- Platform security audit, including firewall and encryption settings, for AWS and Microsoft Azure
- Traffic and network threat visibility for AWS.
These insights lead to faster detection while while McAfee® ePolicy Orchestrator® (McAfee ePOTM) or DevOps tools such as Chef, Puppet, and OpsWorks enable quick remediation.
Cloud Workload Discovery’s integration with McAfee ePO, a single management platform with simplified workflows, gives organizations effective control to help implement security solutions across physical, virtual and cloud environments. Since Cloud Workload Discovery is agentless and powered by API integration with cloud providers, security administrators just enter their cloud account credentials in McAfee ePO to instantly discover workloads, address threat alerts and enforce policies. Quick time to value and a low learning curve mean that you can significantly improve your cloud workload security with minimal involvement from your IT Security team.
For more details on Cloud Workload Discovery, click here.
Also, check out our three Cloud Workload Discovery options that we offer to meet your cloud security requirements:
- Cloud Workload Discovery for hybrid cloud (VMware, OpenStack, AWS and Microsoft Azure is available in McAfee Server Security Suite Advanced and McAfee Server Security Suite Essentials.
- Cloud Workload Discovery for private cloud (VMware and OpenStack) is available as part of McAfee MOVE AntiVirus and McAfee Security Suite for Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI).
- Cloud Workload Discovery for public cloud (AWS and Microsoft Azure) is available in McAfee Public Cloud Server Security Suite.